Monday, September 10, 2007

Pictures 2





Let me encourage you to go all the way to the older blogs at the bottom and start in April

We changed the oil in Bermuda, usually I let a mechanic do it. I did it myself this time, I did not realize I needed to tell the computer that we changed it. The oil light started flashing about 100 miles from Bermuda, 700 miles from shore. We threw out the sea anchor, turned the boat into the waves, 4 - 6 ft , checked the oil. It was fine, so I called my mechanic. While we were waiting to call back we fired up our 6 hp kicker. It pushed us a whopping 5 mph. We made a big joke out of it and agreed that if we needed to take it all the way to shore, we were not calling for help.
Obviously, when I called back the mechanic, we realized there was no problem, he told me how to tell the computer we already changed the oil. Truth of the matter cruising at 5mp would have made fishing possible an extra 4 day vacation!!! The Suzuki 115 ran like a top. It just purred right along. What an engine!
We had a little cubbie hole in front of the console that we slept in some, and also used for phone calls you really had to squeeze into it.

No comments: